Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Here is a wonderful memory...I am on the far left, second tier. My siblings and a few Durland kids. In the summer we would often visit this family. There are eleven children in their family and eight in ours, so it was always a party. For most of my childhood I thought we were actual cousins, but it turns out their parents were friends with my parents in college...anyway, it was always a good time when we got together. Excursions to the beach, jumping off the tower they bulit in the backyard and swinging on a rope over the roof, singing, sleepover on the floor- staying up late talking, the older boys would rig things in their room- like a string that turned the lights off and on from across the room, etc. It was always fun and interesting. Creative, intelligent and talented kids- I wonder how they are all doing now.

1 comment:

D and C said...

That is TOO funny. Oh the memories. You guys are all so adorable, but I must say it just doesn't get ANY cuter that ALI!!!! lol!!!