Monday, November 24, 2008

So we went as a group to the midnight showing of this movie. I won a T-shirt...other than that...the experience was a bit absurd. The only theater not sold out was the dismal Spanish 8. What a joke. We paid full price and they were projecting from somebody's laptop-they had it upside down and then sideways and then the sound was not working...finally, 40 minutes late they got it right side up and sound on but the sound was too low. And then the movie was silly... suffering from low budgetitis, bad soundtrack, worse casting and no chemistry. It had its moments - but not $7.50 worth. Hahah! The best was the hackling and hilarity in the audience as time ticked on. However a great number of the teen fans seemed indiscriminantly ecstatic. Well, at least I was with friends...


5 comments:

Christie said...

UGH - I hate the spanish 8. Its like the ghetto of U.C. Glad you at least had fun with your friends.

Claremont First Ward said...

I spent $11 bucks to see it. I totally agree......I wouldn't see it again.

Anonymous said...

And I thought your favorite part was running into your favorite newspaper reporter who undoubtedly had something to do with you winning that sic t-shirt! And where is that "oh-so-cute" photo of you at the premier anyway??

Jo Schaffer Layton said...

Haha! I put up this post before getting it! You rock! (=

John and Diana said...

You forgot the fire alarm sounding 5 mintues into the movie!!?? It was pretty pathetic and I was quite disappointed with the theater's lack of professionalism and the movie! Ahhh! Cool Shirt though!!! Liked the books better!